Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Doesn't Every House Have One?

A European friend rented from an Annexer and extolled the virtues of a bidet in her house. Doesn't every house in America have a bidet? "

"A what?" I asked, before telling her that she was not in America; she was in Key West. She explained to me what the thing was and its many uses. . .

"You can even hook a hose to it," she said.

"Oh, like for watering your plants. . . . I'll have to try that. Can? Do men use the thing? The bidet, not the hose?"

She said it would be especially useful in Key West.

I asked what she meant by that, thinking she was going on some asinine homophobic rant that would make me punch her lights out.

Her tone was more innocent. "No, it just keeps you fresh; and him too. We don't all have boats you know. We can't just pop over the rail and pee in the ocean whenever we feel like it."

A bidet on a boat? Hum . . . With fresh or salt water?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home